"One day things will get better ..."
plus 3 dozen "encouraging phrases" you can add when sending your own personal message.
One of my favourite internet memes* is this simple drawing of a cat with its encouraging message, which offers support in a simple, whimsical way.
I thought it would be fun to take that meme a step farther, and came up with the idea of a card I could give to a friend not only to communicate support, but which could also be fun for them to colour in:
From there, the card turned into a postcard, with space to write a few words for the recipient on the back. I know it's hard to think of the right words sometimes, so I came up with a handy list of examples, which is included as a bonus with every package of Encouragement Postcards. My goal was to make it easy, convenient and fun to send an encouraging word to a friend, family member, neighbour, colleague, client–anyone in your world who could do with a fun day-brightener!
3 dozen Encouragement Phrases
Suggestion: Start with a general statement of support,
then fill in the blanks with your own words, or use the examples
to mix and match whatever phrases fit for you:
- Thinking of you
- You were on my mind
- Wanted to send some support
- Sending warm thoughts
- I’m here for you.
- My heart and thoughts / and prayers are with you.
Sorry to hear __________________________
- of your accident
- you’ve been unwell
- you’ve had [the flu]
- you need surgery
- you’ve been feeling down
- you’ve been struggling
- things have been hard lately
- you’ve had bad luck
- your [family member] has been having troubles.
Hope you ____________________________
- feel better soon
- have better days
- recover quickly
- know how much I care
- can enjoy some little comforts / have some good moments today
- receive some grace / good luck
- have fun with this card
- enjoy doodling on / colouring this card.
I hope ______________________
- this helps you feel better
- things start looking up / things shift
- today brings you some joyful / peaceful / happier moments
- this card helps you relax for a few minutes
- I can see how you coloured this card next time we visit.
I’m looking forward to __________________
- talking to you
- seeing you again / visiting soon
- colouring [or other activity] together
- hearing from you
- hearing how things are going.
- care / can listen / believe in you
- I admire your: strength/ positive attitude / courage / persistence / rising to challenges
- I am wishing you: peace in your heart / better days / some comforting moments.
- This too WILL pass!
- Fall seven times, stand up eight. (Japanese Proverb)
© 2016 www.MandalaStressRelief.com
Interested in reprinting the list of Encouragement Phrases on your web site?
Contact me for reprint information.
A friend told me recently he was taking a break from his usual routine because he had been going through a difficult time. I didn't know if he was into colouring or not (although I've been heartened to hear some men really do enjoy colouring!) but I wanted to convey my support, so I gave him an Encouragement Card before he went away. Some days later a mutual friend let me know she had seen my card posted on his fridge! So even if you don't know if your recipient colours or doodles, an Encouragement Card is still a caring symbol to give and receive.
Encouragement Postcards (Set of 10)
Available for Pre-Order
*** FREE Shipping Offer ***
The Encouragement Postcards are now available for pre-order (shipping is set for week of June 1, 2016). Order anytime before June 1, 2016 and your shipping will be free ! (Canada and United States only.)
Enjoy a Stress Break Right Now
Here's one of the Encouragement Postcard mandala designs, (below) coloured in. Notice what you notice about the colours, shapes and patterns or just enjoy a wordless visual experience for a minute or two.
Have a colourful day!